Thursday, May 14, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
for church, to which he replied, "I'm not going."
"Why not?" she asked.
"I'll give you two good reasons," he said.
"(1), they don't like me, and
(2), I don't like them."
His mother replied, "I'll give YOU two good reasons why YOU SHOULD go to church.
"(1) You're 59 years old, and
(2) You're the pastor!"
Friday, May 8, 2009
The personalized sippy cups are available in several colors & lid choices: Red, Blue, Pink, Teal, Yellow, Purple, and Lime. The cups are top-rack dishwasher safe however to protect the designs we recommend removing the inserts before washing. They are created with licensed fabric.
The School Memory Book is more than just a keepsake from our reunion, an album of past and present photos, and a glimpse of our lives over the years since we left high school. Each year book is spiral bound inside a hard cover, measures 8-1/2” x 9” x 1”, has pre-printed age appropriate pages.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 62.
My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"
3.. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"
4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was
wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"
5. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No, how are we alike?'' "You're both old," he replied.
6. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather' s word processor. She told him she was writing a story. "What's it about?" he asked. "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."
7. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it
was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I
continued.. At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I think
you should try to figure out some of these, yourself!"
8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights. "
9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised, "mine says I'm 4 to 6."
10. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting, " she said, "how do you make babies?" "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."
11.. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked. "Sure," said the young boy confidently. 'It means carrying a child."
12. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties. "They use him to keep crowds back," said one child. "No," said another. "He's just for good luck." A third child brought the argument to a close."They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."
13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."
14. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!
15. My Grandparents are funny, when they bend over; you hear gas leaks, and they blame their dog.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Why is good posture important?
When it comes to posture, your mother did know best. Her frequent reminders to stand up straight and stop slouching were good advice.
Your spine is strong and stable when you practice healthy posture. But when you stoop or slouch, your muscles and ligaments struggle to keep you balanced â€” which can lead to fatigue, back pain and other problems.
Your spine's curves
A healthy back has three natural curves:
An inward or forward curve at the neck (cervical curve)
An outward or backward curve at the upper back (thoracic curve)
An inward curve at the lower back (lumbar curve)
Good posture helps maintain these natural curves, while poor posture does the opposite â€” which can stress or pull muscles and cause pain.
Good standing posture
When standing, keep these tips in mind:
Hold your chest high.
Keep your shoulders back and relaxed.
Pull in your abdomen and buttocks.
Keep your feet parallel.
Balance your weight evenly on both feet.
Try not to tilt your head forward, backward or sideways, and make sure your knees are relaxed â€” not locked.
Take the wall test
To test your standing posture, take the wall test. Stand with your head, shoulder blades and buttocks touching a wall, and your heels about two to four inches (five to 10 centimeters) away from the wall. Reach back and slide your hand behind the curve in your lower back, with your palm flat against the wall.
Ideally, you'll feel about one hand's thickness of space between your back and the wall. If there's too much space, tighten your abdominal muscles to flatten the curve in your back. If there's too little space, arch your back so that your hand fits comfortably behind you. Walk away from the wall while maintaining this posture. Keep it up throughout your daily activities.
Good sitting posture
When seated, keep these tips in mind:
Choose a chair that allows you to rest both feet flat on the floor, while keeping your knees level with your hips. If necessary, prop your feet with a foot stool or other support.
Sit with your back firmly against the chair. If necessary, place a small cushion or rolled towel behind the curve of your lower back.
Stretch the top of your head toward the ceiling, and tuck your chin in slightly.
Keep your upper back and neck comfortably straight.
Keep your shoulders relaxed â€” not elevated, rounded or pulled backward.
Keep your shoulders straight
Whether you're sitting or standing, pay attention to the position of your shoulders. Slouching or rolling your shoulders forward shortens your chest muscles and reduces their flexibility. On the flip side, pulling your shoulders too far back causes your abdomen to stick out too far in front.
Check out your reflection
To see if you're keeping your shoulders straight, stand in front of a mirror or ask a friend to evaluate your shoulder position. Your shoulders should be in the same position as the image on the left.
It all adds up
Although good posture should be natural, you may feel wooden or stiff at first if you've forgotten the sensation of sitting and standing up straight. The key is to practice good posture all the time. You can make improvements at any age. Stretching and core strengthening exercises can help, too.
Hello friends if are really looking and searching for a friend, and failing all the time, here is my favorite place where you can find a same interest person as spanking like you . This website provides a best location to find any kind of person. The website is more helpful and friendly for all aged person to find you person. All you need to do if you are searching for a person is just ping gayemosingles.com, who can help you in finding gay singles too. If you are a gay you can also enjoy gay dating to with you favorite gay personals out there. Just try them you will feel the difference for sure.